Beach House Bliss
What should you be looking for in a holiday home design?
Before we even consider your design, the number one thing to get right is your location. Your holiday home should be somewhere you want to return to year after year, possibly not too far away and a place that you can get to for long weekends.
Location sorted? Then here are some tips to get your bach working perfectly for you and yours and the masses that descend over holiday periods with ease.
- Get your living and bedroom spaces right. How many will be staying and how often? Holiday homes tend to become busy places with friends and family over long weekends and extended breaks. Having a mini haven in a bustling environment can make all the difference to your precious break time
- If you have a big open social kitchen planned, do you need to think about a scullery for stowing all those holiday essentials?
- Extra packing space a must? Consider custom made bunks with room for extra linen or clothing storage are a great idea.
- Do you need a second living area for media or a rumpus room? Good to consider if there are lots of teenagers who need their own space.
- Bespoke vanities in bathrooms allow for larger benchtops and extra storage for toiletries and towels.
- Outdoor showers are good for getting rid of all the sea salt and sand after a good day out fishing, exploring or simply soaking up the sun.
- Well connectecd decks that wrap around to make outdoor entertaining and access to the home and kitchen easy. When combined with great spatial design the result is a seamless connection to the outdoors and lots of good summer living!
- Got views to maximise? Extra height joinery looks sensational and always brings that element of volumetric space and light, especially when complemented with Lockwood sarked timber ceilings and structural laminated beams. Speciality glass to keep out damaging UV rays should be considered for the long term too.
Got your location right and want to take the next step?
Contact us so one of our national network of professional Lockwood contractors can make your holiday home dreams come true.