5 things to consider when building a home
- 1. Create a budget to determine how much you can and cannot afford for a home. For example, if you want a house that costs $1 million but know you can only afford $700,000, we can work with your budget if you tell us upfront about your goals and expectations. Because of the constant shifts in the building sector, you should prepare to be budget-flexible. A premium kitchen or bathroom with high-end components will raise the value of your home, but they will also cost more. This is where you must consider what you want to accomplish, the expense, and the possible value enhancement for your house. Reduce costs by identifying the most vital components of your home against items you like but don’t need.
- 2. Explore Lockwood Homes’ diverse design and personalisation possibilities. Consider what you’re building for, your family’s needs, lifestyle, and preferences. Understand the diversity of floor plans, interior finishes, and outside elements to ensure the home matches your needs and expectations.
- 3. Lockwood Homes values sustainability and is committed to environmentally friendly practices. On top of an already environmentally friendly home, there are additional features that can significantly improve your home’s energy efficiency. Solar panels, insulation, and other sustainable activities will help to minimise your home’s environmental impact and long-term operating costs.
- 4. Plan for potential delays and contingencies. Having realistic expectations for the time it will take to complete the construction is critical, ensuring a smooth transition from start to finish.
- 5. Maximising space utilisation. Integrate your Lockwood home into the surrounding natural surroundings. Consider using expansive windows, skylights, and indoor gardens/plants to maximise natural light and bring the outside within. Landscaping alternatives will improve the natural look of your property, highlighting the sustainable qualities even more. By making the most of your available space, you can construct a home that not only stands out in terms of architectural design but also enhances the tranquillity of your spaces.